DFMPro for high-tech industry
The client, a world leader in R&D, design and manufacturing of high-tech equipment had to meet the twin challenges of increasing the order fulfillment rate and reducing costs to address the vigorous competition from foreign suppliers offering equipment at substantially lower prices.
A world leader in R&D, design and manufacturing of high-tech equipment
- Improve design quality to address equipment failure and breakdown during operations
- Standardize design features to reduce dependancy on few suppliers and minimize part costs
- Automate the design for manufacturing review process to reduce design rework and iterations and improve the order fulfilment rate
- DFMPro identified and addressed critical design issues that increased manufacturing costs, rework and impacted part quality
- Standard design guidelines were created in DFMPro to address supplier lock-in issues and increase production ramp-up